Defining page size using Adobe generic PS

Subject: Defining page size using Adobe generic PS
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:33:56 -0400

Hi, guys...I have large diagrams in Visio that I'd like to print to PS so I
can distill to PDF as one page, so I can merge them into the PDF created by
FrameMaker.

In FM, I reserved a spot in the pagination for each PDF that I'll be
inserting.

I went to the Adobe site, downloaded the generic PS driver, installed it to
use a local port, etc.

However, I find that when I try to configure page size in the Generic PS
printer, it only gives me options for small format outputs...legal is the
largest size, so when I distill the PDF, I get a PDF in 10 pages.

I'd like to create a page size in the area of 18 wide by 24 high so the
image is in one piece.

Any hints?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream
of things that never were, and ask why not?"
-----Robert Francis Kennedy, 1968 presidential campaign

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com