RE: Links and attachments continued

Subject: RE: Links and attachments continued
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:35:26 -0700 (PDT)

> 1. "source module".

What's a module?

> 2. "source field".

Not a record/row or column?

> 3. "target module"

What's a module?

> 4. "link"

What kind?

> To be honest I think just calling the connection one
> word regardless of direction of the link will
> suffice, although it will require you to make sure
> the context is sufficiently clear about the source
> and target modules. I don't think you need two
> different words to describe the link.

This is a great way to confuse your users. Explain it
correctly and give them some knowledge to chew on.
It'll make their work easier in the long run, and if
this knowledge is tied to getting work done, they'll
learn it (probably passively while on the job).

> As in:
> Open the source module. You can link to any target
> module from the source module. To link to a target
> module, open it and press Add.
>
> Note: If you want to change anything in a target
> module, you must open the module directly. You
> cannot edit the target module from the source
> module.

This may work for Joe Clueless, but for anyone who
knows anything about relational databases who is using
the product to facilitate their tasks, it's gonna
confuse the hell out of them.

> That might not be exactly what you would write,
> but...You get the drift...
> Keep it simple...

No, keep it accurate and correct.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sbc.yahoo.com

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com