Re: A suspected can of worms

Subject: Re: A suspected can of worms
From: Anthony Davey <ant -at- ant-davey -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:58:12 +0100

John Posada wrote:

I agree. Not because it applies to engineering per se, but because as part of the engineering program, it becomes easier to include technically
oriented course studies.
It would also attract a set of students with a more appropriate set of
priorities and inclinations.

While I agree that inclusion in the engineering program would make it easier to include technology basics, would this preclude computer studies (many of us are or have been involved in software fields)?
But I'm not so sure about it attracting more appropriately inclined students. <sweeping generalization> We all highlight from time to time the 'fact' that SMEs are more inclined to do the thing they are doing, rather than write about it. </sg> In the 'English' program you are possibly more likely to find people interested in writing about stuff, rather than necessarily doing it.

The right answer is probably something along the lines of a 'joint-honours' degree, where subjects are taken in both faculties.

Best regards,
Ant

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com