RE: RE: Think outside the box - Re: A suspected can of worms

Subject: RE: RE: Think outside the box - Re: A suspected can of worms
From: "GeneK" <gene -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 25 Jun 2003 15:55:32 PDT

The current circumstance was the norm 30 years ago when
I began working as an engineer. The 80's saw a relatively
gradual increase in hiring of "non-technical" technical
writers, which then skyrocketed (at least in my part of
the country) during the 90's. My guess is we're not
permanently returning to the 70's, but we're also not
going back to the 90's, and when the economy recovers things will be more or less like they were in the 80's,
which weren't all that bad a time for technical writers.

Gene Kim-Eng