Re: Need cross-platform screen cap assistance

Subject: Re: Need cross-platform screen cap assistance
From: Carol Gilbert <cgilbert -at- cal -dot- berkeley -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:52:25 -0700

On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 12:40 PM, Kirsten Zerbinis wrote:

I need to make some screen caps of software running on a Win 98 machine, and I want them to turn into TIFF files. Right now, I'm using the Print Screen command, saving big BMPs, transferring them to my PowerBook which is running OS X, and using Photoshop to crop and convert to TIFF. It's a little laborious, and I'm losing some image quality.

Is there a better process I could use? Is there a good piece of shareware that would help me? I have tried to research image formats and related subjects online, but I can only seem to find material that I either too advanced for my current understanding, or too basic to tell me where I'm losing the quality.

I would recommend doing a free download of SnagIt and using that for your project. It lets you Save as a number of formats that I believe includes TIF. It works great and costs only $39.95. After trying it, I'm sure you will want to add it to your software collection. And, no, I am not affilicated with TechSmith Corp., just a happy user. - Carol Gilbert

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com