Re: Think outside the box - Re: A suspected can of worms

Subject: Re: Think outside the box - Re: A suspected can of worms
From: "Jeff Hanvey" <jewahe -at- lycos -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:42:16 -0400

I much prefer the idea that the degree should require a minor or second
major....The English portion should have less emphasis on literature and
more emphasize on rhetoric and rhetorical analysis, and the technical
portion can be *whatever* the student wishes, from mathematics/engineering,
education, and programming to networking, medicene, and law.

Technical writing is more interdisplinary than most other fields, but a
general "liberal arts" education isn't necessarily the best way to get it...

Perhaps there should be an equivalent to the "liberal arts" that doesn't
just stress the humanties, but stresses logic, science, and technology?

Jeff Hanvey
Augusta, GA
jewahe -at- lycos -dot- co -dot- uk
http://www.jewahe.net