FW: Portfolios

Subject: FW: Portfolios
From: "Finch, D Ted" <dtfinch -at- sandia -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 07:45:05 -0600

So, essentially you have a interview specific portfolio. You tailor the
examples "portfolio" you bring to meet the needs of the company. For me
that's really what a portfolio should be. You don't want to take the same
one to each company. You have to do your homework and determine what
samples of your work will help facilitate discussion about the needs of this
future employer.

I agree with Bill that What you write " a commentary" about the piece is
just as important as the article itself. Knowing the example inside out
allows you to converse with the interviewer about how you can help there
company and it gives them an idea of what you are capable of doing.

D. Ted Finch - Technical Communicator
09226 Computational Modeling Sciences
Sandia National Laboratories
(505) 284-8612 / dtfinch -at- sandia -dot- gov

"They keep making me do stuff" - student complaint