Re: What do you call this type of analysis

Subject: Re: What do you call this type of analysis
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:26:09 -0600

I handle a lot of RFPs that ask for numerically scored responses similar
to those you've listed, so my response is based on that context.

While I guess it can identify potential gaps, it doesn't really fall under
what I'd call "gap analysis" - after all, there's not much *analysis*
going on. At my company, we send business analysts onsite with customers
to do gap analysis and requirements gathering.

We just refer to scores such as those you've listed as "levels of
compliance." But that's just my team; I don't know if we're adhering to
some industry standard or not.

Many companies use scoring systems for their RFPs, adding up yes and no
answers - or in this case, numeric ratings - to produce a final scorecard
that is supposed to represent how good a fit the proposing company is.
Companies with a high enough score move to the next stage of the sales
cycle. Again, that's the context in which I've seen this sort of thing.

So I guess in answer to your question, I'd call it "compliance scoring" or
something along those lines. Hope this is helpful.

Keith Cronin
Don't forget: tomorrow is Be Kind to Anteaters Day
Or maybe it's iguanas - my memory is foggy.

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com