RE: Career paths for technical writers

Subject: RE: Career paths for technical writers
From: "Bill Swallow" <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:09:07 -0400

I work for a tech writer who is now Manager of Engineering Services, which
is QA and Tech Writing. I know another tech writer who is a QA Engineer. I
know another who is a programmer. I know others who are product managers,
project managers, directors, VPs, and so forth. I even know one who went on
to become a politician.

If you limit your vision to your local responsibilities, you'll never get to
where you want to be. Tech writing doesn't have a path. No profession does.
Your path is defined by what YOU want to do, what you enjoy doing, and what
you're good at doing.

Bill Swallow
wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com