Re: Case Study

Subject: Re: Case Study
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:28:00 -0700 (PDT)

"Rayna Hannah" wrote...

> Again, I do apologize for not being specific enough in my request.
> But, I would suggest some better time management skills for those who could
> find the time to write an entire email of insults, but no time, with a huge
> workload, to give me a helpful tip. Maybe it's time to consider a new
> career.

Here is a helpful tip...

Geoff Hart autoresponder, some royalty, and a handful of prolific nitpickers.

Its the nitpickers who will drive you insane and suck away your will to live.

Generally, these people throw a fit when somebody challenges them or disagrees
with them. They also have a rather effective tactic of derailing discussions
into meta-arguments. The nitpickers also have an intra-support mechanism where
if one of them gets attacked, they all flood into the thread to throw their
$0.02 into the ring. The result is a pointless pissing match of egos and
attitudes.

And apparently, they never work. As you noticed, they post on the list
constantly.

Welcome to technical writing, these are your colleagues.

As for case study ideas, how about TECHWR-L? "Why Technical Writers have
Problems with Respect" You have many perfect examples right here.

Another good tip: use the awe inspiring power of delete and ignore. I have a
whole bunch of TECHWR-L members who I simply ignore everything they say and
block all personal communications from them. Its a good way to free yourself
from their annoying habits.

Andrew Plato, CISSP
Arrogant Blowhard

http://sbc.yahoo.com

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com