Re: Case Study

Subject: Re: Case Study
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:11:19 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: <Angie -dot- Watson -at- erm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Sent: June 20, 2003 09:06 AM

> I realize John is a tremendous source of information and instruction. I
> generally remain silent in the shadows lurking and reading. It is my
> opinion that a few questions could have steered the thread down a different
> path. Let me also say that I glean enormous amounts of information from
> ths list on a daily basis, Thanks.
>
> I simply would have asked some of the questions raised by Jan, such as, is
> every kind of case study acceptable? Are there thematic restrictions? How
> big may the study be? As well as a few of my own, Do you have an industry
> area you are interested in? Have you done some research in this area?
> Upon her responding with "thematic restriction?" or "what is an industry
> area?" Then go off on her for not having invested anything in the project
> herself.

I think your point is excellent, Angie, but I also think that Jan's and
others' point is that posters don't have the time to draw out other posters in
the way a mentor might. And that brings a question to mind: What if any
interested people on the list might informally arrange to rotate the "duties"
of a mentor on the list on a weekly or monthly basis among themselves? Then we
could all be assured that newcomers who may need mentoring are given the
proper attention. Any thoughts on this?

Bonnie Granat
Granat Editorial Services
http://www.editors-writers.info

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com