Need RFI examples

Subject: Need RFI examples
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 07:57:27 -0700 (PDT)

I'd be eternally grateful if someone could point me to some examples of
RFI documents, preferably for Java development work.

I know what an RFI is, but I don't have a sense of the conventions,
tone, lingo, etc. normally used in an RFI. So I'd like to get my hands
on a few full-fledged, real-life examples. If I don't get any

I need to deliver an outline by Monday, so please respond even on the
weekend if you can.

I tried Google of course, but all the keywords related to RFI have been
hijacked by questionable consulting firms. I found a few marginal
examples, mostly gov or mil, so I'm not sure if they represent current
commercial business practice.

I was a little surprised I didn't find lots of real RFIs, because by
its nature an RFI seems to be a semi-public document.

FYI: An RFI is a Request for Information. It is issued prior to an RFP.
It describes some work that a company plans to bid out for outsourcing.
The RFI provides basic requirements for the work, and invites vendors
to respond and become qualified to bid on the project. As far as I can
tell, the RFI has become the standard way to initiate outsourced IT
work, and has now become a widely-accepted convention. If there are any
RFI experts out there, please feel free to correct me.

thanks

http://sbc.yahoo.com

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com