RE: Loyalty cuts

Subject: RE: Loyalty cuts
From: MList -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:59:26 -0400

Jo Francis Byrd [mailto:jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com]
[...]
> Uh, huh....ever notice how many of those "essential brains" are the
> muckety-mucks at the top of the corporate food chain (who
> always get great
> bonuses, even when they've cost the company billions in lost
> profits by
> their screw-ups) and how few are the people who are actually
> doing the work
> that earns money for the company?

Well, since you asked...

No.

I did notice a brief trend of that, mostly in the techy
industries, but it lasted less than a decade (as a noticeable
trend) and is well on the way out. That's a whole lot faster
than a similar trend would play itself out in a "public"
bureaucracy like (say) education.

I don't recall it even being the norm among tech companies,
let alone across all companies. However, on the principle
that you always see "X Killed/Maimed in Horrific Car Accident",
but you NEVER see "100 Million Commuters Drove to Work and Safely
Returned Home Again Today", the relatively few such situations
got big play in the media. Those readers who were of a mind to,
then generalized and tarred all the responsible corporations with
the same brush.

Perhaps the (stretching) tech-writing tie-in would be something
to do with statistical fallacies or the like.

/kevin

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com