RE: No more carpal tunnel for typists?

Subject: RE: No more carpal tunnel for typists?
From: Janice Gelb <Janice -dot- Gelb -at- Sun -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:36:39 -0700

Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- pixelink -dot- com> wrote:

> Some people are physiologically inclined to such disorders,
> and without careful ergonomics, the workplace exacerbates
> rather than causes the problems.

True. And unfortunately, for some of us even careful
ergonomics won't help. The ideal ergonomic position
for typing is sitting up straight with the arms at
a relaxed 90-degree angle. When I do that, my arms
touch my legs, thanks to a short torso and long arms.
Thus, there is no place I can comfortably put my
keyboard/mouse. My workplace has become much more
ergonomically aware than when I first started (I got
my injury thanks to desks that were probably new in
the Eisenhower administration). But even with a desk
that can be "dialed" to any position, when I slide
under the work surface the tops of my legs lightly
touch the work surface and the keyboard and mouse
are still too high.

Thank heaven for workers compensation, which got me
bi-monthly treatment and enables me to keep the pain
to a minimum.

-- Janice

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com