RE: Loyalty cuts

Subject: RE: Loyalty cuts
From: "Spreadbury, David C." <David -dot- Spreadbury -at- marconi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:21:39 -0400

In a word, "No". Or at least, "probably not" (okay two words, maybe).

Most companies think only bottom line, and one of the fastest ways to change
the bottom line is through a reduction in force. Granted most don't want to
do this, but that is just how it is. They will try to retain those brains
that they feel should, or must, remain, but still, salary and benefits is a
large piece of a companies expense. Cutting expenses directly affects the
bottom line.