Re: templates [hellfire & brimstone]

Subject: Re: templates [hellfire & brimstone]
From: John Cornellier <cornellier1 -at- stavanger -dot- oilfield -dot- slb -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 17:35:49 +0200

Hello Brian, World,

Sounds to me like you need tighter project management of the whole World-template-thing.

If I were you, I'd try to see it as a mini-project. In that context, you, your managers, and your "clients" can define what it is you want to do with these Word templates, how much time you want to put into it, etc.

Do you even need templates? What is the purpose of it all? Can some stuff be bought in? How much money (=your time) do you want to put into this? Who sets requirements? When is it "good enough" and who decides?

I think your frustration comes from the fact that you're trying to get a handle on a project that is rather undefined and is suffering from scope creep, among other maladies.

John Cornellier

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com