RE: boss problem

Subject: RE: boss problem
From: DaLy <swiggles247 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 12:46:32 -0700 (PDT)

------ Brian wrote:

>"I work at a small company with an unusually strict
protocol -- up until a couple of weeks ago, every
question I had for a developer (or anyone) had to
go up to my boss.... Now, I'm allowed to contact
people directly... It seems to be a bit of an
adjustment for my boss, though... So I think she's a
bit puzzled about what her role is, and what value she
brings to the table, now that she's no longer my
gatekeeper, or the person I go to with every question
about the product. I'm a bit puzzled about it, too."

Hi Brian,

Why do you think that your boss is "puzzled about what
her role is, and what value she brings to the table"
?Didn't she have duties/responsibilities other than
acting as a liaison between you and the developers?

Perhaps you are the one with doubts, now that you have
to assume full responsibility for your actions. I am
not saying this to start a flame, but to merely make
you aware of another possibility. Removing the safety
net can be scary.

Lastly, unless you are dating or are close friends
with this woman, why are you even puzzled about what
her role is with the company?

DaLy

=====
"Rarely is the question asked...Is our children learning?"
---President George W. Bush

http://calendar.yahoo.com

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com