RE: boss problem

Subject: RE: boss problem
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 14:44:06 -0400

>So I think she's a bit puzzled about what her role
>is, and what value she brings to the table, now
>that she's no longer my gatekeeper, or the person I
>go to with every question about the product. I'm a
>bit puzzled about it, too.

Your job is not to help her find herself and your job is not to get her up
to speed on her management techniques. Your job is to make documentation.
You wouldn't be the first or last person to come in on a Monday (or Friday,
in my case) to find that your manager's office is missing something...her.

Do your job. She'll either benefit from having a quality underling or she
won't. Don't go against her, just go about your business.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com