Re: Wow

Subject: Re: Wow
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 09:54:58 -0600

On 4 Jun 2003 at 15:24, Mike O. wrote:

> On the other hand, there is clearly a huge demand for OT communication
> among the members of this group. This is a BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY for
> somebody.

At some point on the HATT list (help authoring tools &
technologies), a couple of people got together and started a HATT-
OT yahoogroup list. This was in an effort to reduce the amount of
clearly OT discussions. There's a lot of talk about baseball, politics,
new legislation, and the state of the world in general on this OT list -
- much of it quite engaging (well, I can do without the baseball talk,
but there *is* that ever-so-useful DEL key... ;). If, on the original
HATT list, a topic strays too far off topic, people will elect to move it
over to the other list out of courtesy for others (or, the moderators
will gently suggest that it be moved). There's still what you might
consider OT discussions (technology in the workplace, dealing with
this or that issue that's not directly related to help authoring, etc.),
but the silly stuff is kept to a minimum.

I'm not volunteering, but some enterprising person might want to
start a techw-OT list.

Dana W.

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com