Re: Free Online Seminar: Content Management Tools & Technologies

Subject: Re: Free Online Seminar: Content Management Tools & Technologies
From: "Brian Das" <brian_das -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 11:38:34 -0400

Scott Abel wrote:

"Although the seminar is sponsored by Documentum and Arbortext, the
presenter, Ann Rockley
and her firm, The Rockley Group (www.rockley.com), are vendor neutral."

I attended a Rockley "webinar" a few weeks ago, and ended up on Documentum's
mailing list and got a cold call from one of their sales reps. I appreciate
a good strategic alliance as much as anyone, but I don't think either
partner in such an alliance can claim neutrality.

Question: The Rockley material I've read doesn't make a strong business case
for implementing content management -- it's heavy on anecdote, but light on
analysis. Maybe I haven't read enough -- has anyone else had a different
experience?

Tip: Anyone exploring content management should read "What's your strategy
for managing knowledge?" (Hansen, Nohria, and Tierney) in the Harvard
Business Review on Organizational Learning, 2001.

Cheers,
Brian

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com