Going from Word to Pagemaker ...and back ...or not

Subject: Going from Word to Pagemaker ...and back ...or not
From: "Howdy Davis" <howdyd -at- buffnet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 17:23:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hello creative problem-solvers (flattery'll get me everywhere),

I've become entrenched in a long-term project that involves updating and
re-writing a whole mess of hard copy manuals, most of which exist
electronicaly only in Pagemaker (PGM ver.6.5). All are in a
Pagemaker-proprietary font (now the "preferred" font). Now there is a
trend toward electronic-only delivery (PDF) of all user docs - another
philosophical can of worms entirely.

Anyway, the PGM to PDF part is no problem. However, everyone here --me
included-- works exclusively in MS Word (ver. 2002 SP-2) and I cannot do a
Word to PDF because of the font "preference" among other template issues.

I'm hoping there is someone among you with experience importing Word docs
into existing Pagemaker files, who might also be able to suggest efficient
methods, caveats, alternative job offers etc....

Direct replies, please, I'm set to NOMAIL.

TIA

Howdy Davis
Buffalo NY

"Good engineering is simply finding the right wrench to pound in the
correct screw."

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com