Cross-language "same content on same page" issues

Subject: Cross-language "same content on same page" issues
From: "Broberg, Mats" <mats -dot- broberg -at- flir -dot- se>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 09:35:38 +0200

Dear listmembers,

I'd be interested in hearing if someone on the list is subject to the
regime of keeping the same content in different language versions of a
manual on the same pages in the different manuals. I understand some
certification bodies demand this for certain types of publications.

I know that it is rather non-user-friendly (to say the least) and that
some manuals will become quite ugly (manuals issued for "compact"
languages get alot of empty pages etc.), but I'd be interested in
hearing your experience, anyway.

Best regards,
Mats Broberg

FLIR Systems AB