RE: Proposing a Process for Proposals

Subject: RE: Proposing a Process for Proposals
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 12:52:31 -0400

At a gig where I wrote responses, this was usually called an Opportunity
Manager. I'm glad I wasn't one...there were a great deal of internal status
and approval forms and almost daily status meetings. Keep in mind, these
big can determine at most, the employment position, and at least, the amount
of available end-of-year bonus money for MANY people and whole business
units.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream
of things that never were, and ask why not?"
-----Robert Francis Kennedy, 1968 presidential campaign

> One key point to add to your process:
>
> Establish a point person - a single point of contact for the target
> customer to communicate with, who also acts as a funnel for
> organizing all
> the internal communication flurrying around.
>
> I recommend a very anal detail-oriented worrywart. Fits me perfectly!

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com