Re: Netscape-safe palette - a thing of the past?

Subject: Re: Netscape-safe palette - a thing of the past?
From: David Knopf <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 08:10:09 -0700

kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com wrote:

So - long query short - in this age of better, cheaper computers, is the
Netscape palette something we need to concern ourselves with anymore?

This depends on who uses the web site(s) you build. The Netscape color cube was only significant for machines with 256-color graphic displays. If your site visitors are still using 256-color displays, then the color cube still matters. Otherwise, not. Users with 256-color displays account for less than 2% of our site visitors, so we do not worry about the color cube anymore.

Regards,

--

David Knopf ~ Knopf Online ~ San Francisco, CA
mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com ~ http://www.knopf.com

Consulting & Training on FrameMaker & WebWorks Publisher
WebWorks Publisher Certified
Member, JavaHelp 2.0 Expert Group
Moderator, HATT, wwp-users & wordhelp

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com