Multiple templates, a single stylesheet and maintaining consisten cy in MS-WORD.

Subject: Multiple templates, a single stylesheet and maintaining consisten cy in MS-WORD.
From: France Baril <Barilf -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 16:42:26 -0400

Hi, I have searched archives and could not find answers to my questions, so
here they are!

I have build 3 letter templates (.dot): Letter English, Letter French, A4
French. All 3 templates use the same paragraph and character styles.

1. Can I modify the paragraph and character styles in one template and
import them into the others? I am asking, because the correct Fonts will be
sent to me later in the project and I do not want to have to change them
manually in all templates. It would also be very useful for updates.
2. Word translate the system styles' name depending on which Word version
the user has installed. For exemple, body text becomes corps de texte if the
user as the French version of Word on his machine. However, user designed
styles are not translated. Is there any way I can provide 2 names for the
style, one French and one English, so that they adapt to the users'
workstation.

The company who ordered the templates has offices over the world and needs
to be able to keep everything standard from one country to the other. I do
not want them to have to update the French and English templates
independently has this could lead to errors. If there is no solution to
this, I do not mind giving users an English only stylesheet, in that case,
however, I need to be able to stop Word from automatically translating
system embedded styles. Nothing is more confusing then having to work with
bilingual menus!

Can anyone help???

<!--If we all spoke the same language, life would be easier, but we would
loose so many of life's subtilities!!!-->

France Baril
Rédactrice Technique / Technical Writer
IXIASOFT
(514) 279-4942
france -dot- baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey
to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.

FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com