RE: Style - Arms Length

Subject: RE: Style - Arms Length
From: Carly Martin <carly1957_lists -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 17:04:17 -0600 (MDT)

This falls into my "don't use" category. I ask myself two things:

1) how would this phrase seem to a person who speaks English as a second language (I've worked with people from all over the world and they stumble on this type of wording), and

2) how would you test and verify this? An "arm" varies from person to person. Would my arm length be sufficient, or should
my much taller colleague be the gauge?

I would rewrite it using an approximate measurement.

Carly

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey
to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.

FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com