RE: FW: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of other th read--- s)

Subject: RE: FW: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of other th read--- s)
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 12:58:44 -0400

> I worked in a team that became accustomed to pulling all-nighters
> (literally) for each new publication deadline. The first time
> it happened was a fluke - a total Murphy's Law scenario where everybody
> rose to the occasion and stayed all night to get the doc out the door.

Keith...my first gig as a technical writer was as a contractor doing
proposal responses. As you know...if you are going to do that kind of
writing, you simply do not miss a deadline for any reason. Companies
responding to 100 million dollar efforts just don't understand anything
else.

Both the good news and the bad news is that it taught me to apply that same
level of response to all my writing :-)

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream
of things that never were, and ask why not?"
-----Robert Francis Kennedy, 1968 presidential campaign

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com