DOCINFO pdfmark problems

Subject: DOCINFO pdfmark problems
From: "Mark Osborne" <MOsborne -at- bna -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:38:43 -0400

Has anyone attempted to automatically assign properties (such as "Author"
or "Title") to a PDF while distilling it?

I have found a book that discusses how to embed a non-printing text frame
in a FrameMaker file that has a PostScript command in it:

pop pop pop pop
/pdfmark where {pop} {userdict /pdfmark /cleartomark load put} ifelse
[ /Title (name of title)
/DOCINFO pdfmark

When you click "PostScript Code" on the Object Properties dialog box, these
codes are supposed to assign a new Title to the PDF instead of just having
it default to the file name. I can't get this to work for my UNIX
FrameMaker 5.5.6. When I save directly to PDF from FrameMaker, the PDF is
created but I get an error message:

1: Command not found

and the Title property of the PDF still defaults to the file name.

When I print to a PostScript file and then use Distiller (version 4.05 for
UNIX) from the command line, the PDF is created without an error message
but my PS code is still ignored.

Any ideas?

Last chance to order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
PLUS free RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Offer expires
4/30/03! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com