RE: Why are companies now requiring techical writer candidates to be SMEs?

Subject: RE: Why are companies now requiring techical writer candidates to be SMEs?
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 23:09:49 -0700

Chuck,
Are you saying that a programmer's use of a programming language is
parallel to a technical writer's use of English? And that because
programmers are often not required to have experience in a given
business domain, technical writers shouldn't be either?

Just trying to be sure I understand your point before I decide whether I
disagree...

Lisa