RE: A weekly column

Subject: RE: A weekly column
From: "Katie Henry" <katie-henry -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 02:46:17 -0400

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you don't necessarily get paid for
being syndicated. I live in the DC area and subscribe to the dcpubs yahoo
list, which includes a bunch of writers who free-lance for the Washington
Post. One of the hot topics this week is how the Post will often contact
writers and offer to syndicate articles that appeared in the Post, but
without additional payment. The writer has to decide between forfeiting
payment to get the prestige and exposure of Post syndication or peddling the
article in other markets in the hopes of getting paid.

Of course, I'm sure Dave Barry does pretty well for himself.

Katie

> Syndication. That means he gets part of what each paper pays for
> every column. The syndicate gets part and everyone goes home happy.

>> So how does Dave Barry make a living?
>> ;-)

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com