RE: "found" TW humor (low)

Subject: RE: "found" TW humor (low)
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:23:49 -0700

"Bang" is slang for "sex." Hence it's association with reproduction in
this case is entirely appropriate, not the least bit scatological, and
can be humorous without offending (most) people. After all, we're
talking about the origin, i.e., birth, of the universe. A good metaphor,
and clever use of language, in my opinion.

I cannot think of a good way to tie this back to tech writing at all.
How about this: good writing can be funny too, and metaphors are a good
way for all writers to convey meaning. Best I can do.

Lisa