RE: Job market in Austin; Was: On the beach - again

Subject: RE: Job market in Austin; Was: On the beach - again
From: "Anita Legsdin" <anita -dot- legsdin -at- watchmark -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:27:02 -0700

Yes, but that depends on what you're comparing it to. If you're
currently living in San Francisco, New York, New Jersey, or another high
cost-of-living place, you wouldn't need as much to survive in Charlotte
NC. Take a look at the salary calculator at
http://www.homefair.com/homefair/calc/salcalc.html, you can see how much
an $18/hr job in North Carolina translates to, in your area.
Translating that into Seattle dollars, it's $24.50 (granted, still not
much).

Anita Legsdin
Sr. Technical Writer
WatchMark
(425) 564-8135

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting
different results.
-Albert Einstein

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/products/robohelp/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com