Job market in Austin; Was: On the beach - again

Subject: Job market in Austin; Was: On the beach - again
From: "Rob Writer" <piercedroo -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:32:54 -0500

Samuel.Beard said this about jobs in Austin:
<This was in Austin, TX, but I HAVE noticed more positions coming across on Monster.com, at least.>

Samuel,
I've noticed that one particular company in Austin has multiple postings on Monster and other jobsites right now, for Technical Writers of various skill levels, and for editors. This company just won a large state contract and is hiring about 6 tech writers. The bad news is that the company that lost the contract is also an Austin-area company (for whom this contract is the sole source of revenue). So, once the contract transitions to the new company, the writers (6+2 contractors) will be out of work, or trying to get their same jobs back with the new company.

Other than these recent postings from this particular company, I haven't seen to much activity in the Austin area in over a year.

Purchase RoboHelp X3 in April and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/products/robohelp/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com