RE: Slightly off-topic but, I hope, not unwelcome

Subject: RE: Slightly off-topic but, I hope, not unwelcome
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:14:04 -0400

I worked with an editor once...about 8 years ago, for about 18 months.

I would get markups. I was allowed three options:

1- make the change
2- question the change
3- reject the change

I did 1 about 75% of the time, 2 about 20%, and 3 about 5%. Of that 5, in
the beginning, sometimes the editor would escalate it to my boss. After the
3rd time that my boss rejected her escalation, the editor stopped. These
were proposal response and I came to the department with 18 years of sales
experience. I successfully explained that sometimes to get the right effect,
rules must be broken. I liked that boss.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
212-414-6656
icq: 178047452
aim: jposada1
"Here lies the body of William Jay.
Who died maintaining his right of way-
He was right, dead right, as he sped along
But he's just as dead as if he were wrong
----The Boston Transcript"