RE: inter document pdf links on web for mac

Subject: RE: inter document pdf links on web for mac
From: Chris Gooch <chris -dot- gooch -at- lightworkdesign -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 14:56:09 +0100

Thanks to all who replied.

The problem seems to be with internet explorer
not using the acrobat plugin, but downloading
a local copy and firing up acrobat to read
the local copy (and so of course links don't
work as you only downloaded one of the pdf files)

As a workaround I've put a zip of all the pdf
files on the site so anyone having this problem
can download them all in one go.

However ideally I'd like to find out how to
get the plug in to work properly on OSX!

What I would do on classic Mac would be to
copy the pdfviewer program from the web browser
plug-in subfolder of the acrobat folder to
internet explorer's plug-ins folder (and make
sure the system settings for the file type
.pdf are set to use the browser plug in).

For the moment though, how to do this on OSX
is defeating me!

I need some Mac OSX experts I think, so I'll
ask about this on a Mac newsgroup.

If/when I get this sorted I'll post a summary.

thanks,

Chris.

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/products/robohelp/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com