RE: Tech writer = office manager?

Subject: RE: Tech writer = office manager?
From: Rose -dot- Wilcox -at- pinnaclewest -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 15:48:04 -0700

<<

The company puts them up because they know they'll get bites. They may get a
great deal of chaff, but they'll get wheat, too. These adds will continue to
appear while there are more writers than positions. It's not their
fault...it's ours.

John, in what way is it our (assuming you mean writers) that there are more writers than positions? Have we been making too many baby writers?

I assume the lack of positions is because of a multitude of economic factors, most of which are not in our span of control or even influence. The only way I can see to cut down on excess writers is to close ranks and start pickin' off the newbies. (Or is that what you are trying to do by questioning those writing to the list who are just starting their careers? <grin>)

Rose A. Wilcox
CHQ, 14th Floor
Tranz1 QA/Documentation
602-250-2435
Rose -dot- Wilcox -at- PinnacleWest -dot- com

The greater our knowledge increases the more our ignorance unfolds. -JFK

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com