RE: Tech writer = office manager?

Subject: RE: Tech writer = office manager?
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 16:02:17 -0500

While we're merrily taking jabs at posts like this, there are unemployed
writers looking at the posts thinking.."da.., if I only knew the name
company put these ads up, I'd send them my resume." To someone who's
unemployment ran out, $20k is about $20k more than $0k.

The company puts them up because they know they'll get bites. They may get a
great deal of chaff, but they'll get wheat, too. These adds will continue to
appear while there are more writers than positions. It's not their
fault...it's ours.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
Although she lives with seven other men, she's not easy.
------ Magic Mirror