RE: Technical Document Evaluation

Subject: RE: Technical Document Evaluation
From: Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- pixelink -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 19:14:48 -0500

CB Casper asked:

> The intent is to obtain feedback on both
> the technical content of the documentation and the
> technical skills of the writer.

I suggest that you ask your tech support people to review the documentation.
They're the ones that have to field questions from the users. I have yet to
meet a tech support person that doesn't value a clearly written explanation
in a document that the users already have in their possession. And they
have the sweetest ways of saying "RTFM" ...

Your tech support people are one of your most value resources for revealing
deficiencies in your docs and making suggestions for improvements.

Cheers ... Kim

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com