FW: Technical Document Evaluation

Subject: FW: Technical Document Evaluation
From: "Anna Langley" <alangley -at- ts -dot- checkpoint -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 16:26:06 -0600

Dear CB Casper:

This comes from a member of my team, Barbara Vibbert
(bvibbert -at- ts -dot- checkpoint -dot- com):

Consider a feedback form where the evaluator rates
several statements on a 1-5 scale, indicating how
true the statement is of the document he is reviewing.
(1 is completely false, 5 is completely true.)
Examples of the types of statements that might be
included on the feedback form include:

The explanation of the technology is correct.
The explanation of the technology is useful.
The explanation of the technology is complete.
The instructions for performing tasks are accurate.
The instructions for performing tasks are complete.
The information provided is sufficient to understand the topic.
The document contains no unnecessary or irrelevant information.
The document uses clear, appropriate language.

Provide space for the reviewer to comment. Schedule time for
the writers and reviewers to discuss documents with low scores.

Ask the reviewers to suggest resources when a writer does not
display adequate mastery of a topic. The writer and his manager
should develop an action plan to correct the knowledge deficit.
The action plan should include a statement indicating how both
the writer and the manager will know the knowledge deficit has
been corrected. Initially, until the writers and the manager
become more technically savvy, including the reviewer in the
action plan formation process may yield better results.

Hope that helps.

Anna Langley
Courseware Team
Check Point Software Technologies, Ltd.

"Get Check Point Certified"
Computer Reseller News Reports that Check Point certifications have
tremendous ROI and are some of the fastest growing in the industry.
Visit www.checkpoint.com/crncert <http://www.checkpoint.com/crncert> to
view the full article.