RE: BS-ing your way into a Tech Writing job (was: The Tech Writin g World)

Subject: RE: BS-ing your way into a Tech Writing job (was: The Tech Writin g World)
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:35:40 -0500

>For me, the issue falls into a gray area. I'm not personally comfortable
>with claiming knowledge that I don't have, but I'm not about to denounce
>anyone who is, either. Even if the issue was clearer, an argument could
>still be made that providing for dependents, or even personal survival
>is a higher ethical priority than honesty.

------------

I'm claiming the knowledge of how to get knowledge. Would you rather have
someone who doesn't know what you do now but knows how to learn anything you
throw at them, or have someone who knows how do what you do, but if you
change, they are going to have to be replaced with someone who knows that
new subject?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
212-414-6656
icq: 178047452
aim: jposada1
"When you only have two minutes to do
something that takes three, wait until you have three"

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com