RE: Marcom as TechCom

Subject: RE: Marcom as TechCom
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:58:49 -0500

Robin,

Thank you---I've been saying this for over two years on this forum, and I
think that there's quite a number of folks who would agree with the concept.

I just redesigned a help system for portfolio management software taking
this approach...and the customers' user bases are quite happy with it. We
introduce concepts, then basic functionality, then how to use it to handle
particular issues in particular segments of the business. We also have the
"click this, press that" instructions, but we focus much less on that than
the how's and why's of using features. It really does work!

Regards

Connie P. Giordano
Senior Technical Writer
Advisor Technology Services
A Fidelity Investments Company
704-330-2069 (w)
704-330-2350 (f)
704-957-8450 (c)

"You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do." - Henry Ford