RE: 11X17 documentation

Subject: RE: 11X17 documentation
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:35:46 -0500

>that they fit nicely with the 8 1/2 X 11
>sheets. However, we had to print the 11X17s
>separately and manually insert them in the
>books. That was a pain. But our setup was
>pretty primitive back then. You most likely
>have..

Hi, guys...I received many constructive comments. The reason I want to do
this is summed in above snip of response...Frame's ability to intermix 11X17
and 8-1/2X11 sucks. If there was a way of intermixing sizes and having the
printer select the right tray, I'd happily mix the two...I have a set of
books where I do just that for about 30 diagrams. In that case, I do just as
Sam describes...fold the oversize. For those books, they don't stick out as
I've manually noticed the extended part of the page so when folded over, the
notch nestles over the binder rings. (I know, a little anal, but it's my
work)

However, that situation, I'm able to group the oversize pages in their own
chapter...in this case, the oversize are intermixed in every chapter. I'd go
nuts collating the oversize into the normal size.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"Alright, nobody move! I've got a dragon here, and I'm not afraid to use it"
---------- Donkey

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com