RE: Please, advice on writing "product literature"

Subject: RE: Please, advice on writing "product literature"
From: "Dan Glovier" <dglovier -at- edline -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:36:28 -0600

> I'd appreciate some advice from you more experienced marcomm writers
on
> such things as typical length, content organization, level of detail
> expected - and anything else I need to know before getting started.
> Our company creates warehouse management software, and the official
> readers of the literature will be warehouse managers.

>From the experiences I've had with my bosses/clients...

Your SMEs are now your sales staff. They know the "triggers" of
potential customers, and you will have to stress these "triggers" in the
document.

And remember, give them features and not functions. For example:

Function: In the purchasing system you can set up a reorder quantity,
reorder amount, and reorder point for each of your stocked items so that
your system creates a corresponding purchase order at the end of day.

Feature: Stock replenishment purchase orders automatically created.

Usually these things are kept to one pagers (either single or double
sided), and they can be used at trade shows as hand outs if need be.

YMMV,
Dan Glovier

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com