Re: Colors not appearing in nonscrolling regions in WinHelp?

Subject: Re: Colors not appearing in nonscrolling regions in WinHelp?
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:26:05 -0700

On 20 Mar 2003 at 14:44, Hart, Geoff wrote:

> This looks just fine in Word (a nice wide colored banner), and the
> nonscrolling region works as predicted when I compile the help file,
> but the colored background disappears. Any suggestions on how to get
> it back?

You need to specify the color of the non-scrolling region, and the
background of the topic itself if you want, in the [Window] definition
of the HPJ file. In the Help Workshop, there is a "Windows" button
that you can select, and the resulting dialog box has a Colors tab.
You pick and choose your colors from a pallette. I don't use RH, but
I'm sure they have a place to identify window types somewhere.

> While we're on the topic of color, I've left the background of the
> help windows as white because this provides good contrast with the
> black text. But it occurs to me that some other color (e.g.,
> off-white) might provide equally legible text but a nicer overall look
> and feel. Anyone have a favorite color to recommend? Or should I just
> stick with plain vanilla <ahem> white?

I stick with white, but a very pale color that coordinates with the non-
scrolling region looks nice.

Dana
Dana Worley
Campbell Scientific, Inc.
2003 MicroSoft WinHelp MVP

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com