Re: Page 0 in Word document

Subject: Re: Page 0 in Word document
From: Anthony Davey <ant -at- ant-davey -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:53:17 +0000

Keri,

I used to have a similar page numbering problem with Word 97 sometimes. The document is probably corrupted. The only way I found of surmounting the problem is to cut and paste the content into a new document. NOT the whole lot but page by page, avoiding end marks, section breaks, etc. Sometimes you may even have to do it para by para or table by table; but it beats recreating the whole thing from scratch.

Good luck,
Ant

Keri Morgret wrote:

I'm using Word 2002, and editing a set of documents created in Word 2000. My problem: Word thinks every page, beyond the first page, is Page 0. The first page is Page 2. ?!?! I noticed this problem when the page number in the footer said 0, then looked at the status bar in Word, and noticed that all of the pages after the first page said Page 0. A little bit to the right, Word does show correctly 2/6 or 3/6 (when I'm on page 2 or 3, etc.), but it still says 0 for the page number.

I've looked and I can't find any macros in the document. I save as an RTF and still have this problem. My other documents are fine.. I have not gone over and used someone else's computer yet to see if they still have this problem. The documents are 6-9 pages, less than a meg (they do have several pictures, and are heavy on the tables).

Any suggestions??

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com