Re: Wanted: BAD Writing

Subject: Re: Wanted: BAD Writing
From: MN Mary <runfox -at- winternet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:09:38 -0600

Beth,
My favorite example (which I often use at interviews) comes from a sign in
St. Martin's zoo which states:
"Goats like to chew on your clothes and butt."
MN Mary

At 11:44 AM 3/18/03 -0600, you wrote:

>LeavesHello, folks!
>
>Having just hung out my shingle as a freelance writer and editor here in
>Oklahoma, I'm looking to put together some NON-technical before and after
>samples for my portfolio and website. I've got plenty of the technical stuff
>from the last 12 years of tech writing in New Jersey. What I'm hoping is
>that you can provide me with the bad "before" pieces to get me started.
>
>Particularly useful would be:
>
>- business and promotional letters
>- marketing brochures
>- advertising/direct mail/sales pieces
>- newsletter content
>- articles and editorials
>- website content
>
>Outright errors abound, but I'm hoping for pieces that miss the boat in some
>large way: poorly organized, unfocused, lackluster, unappealing documents.
>My own junk mail is a rich source, but I'd really like to see what other
>folks have come across as well. Suggestions? Comments?
>
>If you've got something, let me know and we'll work out a way for me to get
>it.
>
>Thanks in advance for your help. This should be fun!
>
>Beth Brooks

"...an analytical mind is not the best kind to bring to the consideration
of trhe abstract."
--Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey (p.14)

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com