RE: Need a smarter person than me

Subject: RE: Need a smarter person than me
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:42:41 -0500

Sharon,

In ATM Deluxe (maybe in regular ATM, too???), on the Add Fonts tab, select Create Multiple Masters in the Source dropdown.

Use the wizard to create the font you want, give it a name, and save it.

When you send the job to the printer, send the new font, too. To ensure that you are sending all the files that are needed, right-click the font in ATM, choose Properties from the context menu, and note the file names associated with the font. There will be three. Do this for all the fonts you create, and then zip up all the needed files for the service bureau. Or maybe Frame has a utility that does this automatically for you???

If the printer uses a Mac, they'll [they used in the singular sense <g>] be able to convert your PC fonts automatically. This does not work the other way around, of course.

HTH,

Dick

From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:22:58 -0800

>Which brings up an interesting point on Multiple Masters... For reasons I
>don't understand, the client insists the Frame files go to the printer -
>don't bother, I fought that one and lost.
>
>If we tweak the font, do I need to send the tweaked font? What if the
>printer is using a Mac?

Order RoboHelp Office X3 by March 14 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
plus FREE WebHelp Merge Module and FREE iMarkup Software, for a
total giveaway value of $439! Order today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com