RE: Need a smarter person than me

Subject: RE: Need a smarter person than me
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:12:00 -0500

Point System
* Point
- 1/72 of an inch.
- 72 points equals 1 inch.
* To convert inches to points: inches x 72 = points

x 5
--- ---
72 32

(72 / 32) x 5 = 11.25 points

or has my basic 1st year of HS algebra abandoned me?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"Alright, nobody move! I've got a dragon here, and I'm not afraid to use it"
---------- Donkey

We have a client who has just specified that all body text must be 5/32
inches and all warnings and cautions must be 3/16 inches.

I can't find my ruler that maps inches to points. For Myriad Roman, can
anyone help? I am stumped. I am also brain dead today.

than needed with this dumb question.

Order RoboHelp Office X3 by March 14 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
plus FREE WebHelp Merge Module and FREE iMarkup Software, for a
total giveaway value of $439! Order today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com