RE: Perceptually true, Technically wrong?

Subject: RE: Perceptually true, Technically wrong?
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:22:05 -0500

> So here is my question, which I fear sounds blasphemous. Have any of
> you ever strayed from strict technical accuracy to convey a concept
> more understandably?

If something is technically accurate and I cannot explain it in an
understandable way, that is my shortcoming and I need to understand it
better so that I can explain it properly.

The problem is that if my material is read by someone who DOES understand
it, they'll see that my explanation is wrong.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"Alright, nobody move! I've got a dragon here, and I'm not afraid to use it"
---------- Donkey

Order RoboHelp Office X3 by March 14 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
plus FREE WebHelp Merge Module and FREE iMarkup Software, for a
total giveaway value of $439! Order today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com