Re: Can a PDF contain whatever I want it to?

Subject: Re: Can a PDF contain whatever I want it to?
From: "Karen E. Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 07:51:20 -0500

You can use Acrobat to delete or add pages to your PDF. Under Document, select Insert, Extract, Replace, Delete Pages...

Thanks to a responder on this list, I learned to put a wav file in my PDF that plays a tiger's roar when you open the doc.

Is fearr socrú dá dhonacht ná dlí dá fheabhas.
It's better to solve the problem than to improve the law.

From: "Writer Whirler" <a_whirler -at- hotmail -dot- com>
I am writing help for an application that has many user roles. The help files, which will be in PDF format, will be customized so that you see help only for the roles you can perform.

This may seem like a "duh" kind of question, but here goes. In the past, any PDF I produced was a complete user guide: title page, TOC, etc. But for this project, where the help that is available is more like a "menu" of files (after you click Help, a page displays that lists the major help topics, which are links to PDFs, for your tasks.) Since most of these topics are going to be no more than a few pages, having each one have a title page, TOC, etc. seems like overkill. But I can't think of a better, more streamlined way to do it.

Order RoboHelp Office X3 by March 14 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
plus FREE WebHelp Merge Module and FREE iMarkup Software, for a
total giveaway value of $439! Order today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com